Friday, November 26, 2010

Business Objects Automatically Refresh

The duration of initial treatment


My mother had a large treatment this week, a little next week and then they will remove the PICC line and give 3 months without treatment to rest his body. Do you find this normal? Course in early January, she will have a scan but it remains that my brother and I are sad that she has three months without treatment. For, what we as news, it responds well to treatment. The disease stabilizes.
My answer is: YES, I find it quite normal. I do not know how cycles it has received so far, but I can confirm. Do not forget that the products it receives, it's not Tylenol, these are powerful poisons that can do irreversible damage. The body of your mother needs to rest, recuperate and I remain confident in the professionals who know when the body reaches its limits.
During my first round of chemo, I was to receive 8 cycles. My oncologist decided to stop at 6 cycles, which corresponds exactly to 2x 6 weeks. Three months! I too was surprised and disappointed, and worried, but my oncologist, explained well the dangers of continuing, even if the treatment worked. The decision ultimately lasted nine months, in part, without rérmission other chemo for my greatest happiness, until one day the little dragon has decided to move, grow, and there we went to another treatment, then a another, then another .... always different molecules. You can not reuse a drug that worked, because cells that have become resistant to reproduce the information in this resistance in their DNA. The drugs injected
can do damage severe and irreversible liver, kidney, thyroid, and neuropathies may be irreversible selont chemotherapy used. The aggressive treatment is most often the result of the demands of relatives, family members, more than doctors themselves. Each to his own, everyone's knowledge. I think the doctor who treats your mom deserves your trust and without making a long road to medical school, specialization in this field, our neophyte ruling is erroneous. You come there to talk to the doctor or nurse navigator for more information. That's important.
Well, I wanted to respond quickly, because this issue is important. Remember, I'm not a doctor, Medical Advisor or another. But this question is exactly a situation I had. The doctor is a delicate challenge: to attack strong enough to destroy cancer cells, treated gently to preserve the maximum healthy tissue and organs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment